Be a Scout
Join our adventure
How to Join HLS Scouts
Complete the form on this page to submit your son or daughter's details to join.
You'll automatically receive a copy of the details you've submitted and some further useful info about scouting. Please check the details you are entering carefully as our membership system automatically chooses which section list a young person should go onto.
Unfortunately there are waiting lists for our beaver and cub sections and our waiting list page allows you to track where a young person is on our list and explains how we manage our waiting lists.
Please take a moment to find out about how you can support scouting in Houghton-Le-Spring.
Find Out More About Volunteering
All of the scout groups and explorer units across Houghton-Le-Spring are voluntary organisations and rely on volunteers to deliver scouting to young people as well as to support and manage the group.
If you can spare some time to support (even if it's just two hours a month), we'll fast track your son or daughter to the top of our waiting list.
We promise that volunteering with us will be hugely rewarding and you'll be joining a growing team of people who have just as much fun as our scouts.
Our volunteering opportunities aren't just working with young people, our groups need managers, treasurers and even some DIY skills go a long way to help maintain our premises.
How We Use Your Data
- We will use your details to contact you in order to place your child into a group at which point we will pass your detail on to one of our scout groups.
- We will from time to time email you with volunteering opportunities while your child is on the waiting list as more volunteers into scouting will allow us to offer more places to young people which is in the interest of any children on our waiting list.
- We will hold your details either:-
- For a year after we place a young person into a group.
- You email us at email@example.com to request that we remove you from our database.